Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Weekend

Good Morning, (Afternoon, or Evening).....depending on when you are reading this!! I decided to combine Saturday and Sunday's RAOK into one post. Because the weekend has just kind of been all over the place...and with a little tot running around there is never a time lull. Kevin works a lot during the week so we try to maximize our time together as a family on the weekends(when we are not driving each other crazy) and I try to stay away from the computer during this time!!

I'm going to cut right to the chase today because we are taking a certain little someone to the water park for a couple hours before I have to go to a bridal shower. Which I put together the cutest basket for the bride.....Maybe I'll share tomorrow so as not to ruin the surprise! Anyway I had to run out yesterday to get some extra ribbon for a bow. You know the kind of ribbon your curl with a pair of scissors?? So while I was out I popped into the dollar store with this.

Now I could have brought a wad of dollar bills and had fun placing them around the store (which is what I originally wanted to do) but I'm no millionaire AND I still have 27 days to go! So I figured one dollar strategically place in the TOY aisle of the dollar store would be good!!
I would have loved to wait around to see the look on the kid's face who came across this dollar!!(But busy busy weekends remember??) A dollar is a whole lot to a child....and I'd like to think it helped some parent on a budget!


This morning I got right into my RAOK!! I don't major grocery shop anymore because we try to eat as fresh as possible and when you buy a huge amount of fresh fruits and vegetables they tend to go bad before you can finish them! (Although my kid is like a garbage disposal) So I tend to stop into the grocery store every day or every other day for just what we need that day/or two days! Obviously it is more time consuming, but I throw a lot less food away AND I plan dinners by what sounds good that day instead of whats already in the freezer!! Anyway the pickins were slim around here today so I got up early and went out for breakfast. At 7:30 A.M....at the grocery store there were two young guys loading all the bags of ice into the ice cooler. It was a huge mountain of ice bags and they were like little worker ants!!(I really never took the time to consider who exactly had to fill those big coolers until now) Long story short... as I picked up some berries and yogurt I also grabbed this:
So I was being checked out and the woman at the register said "Oh I'm glad they started selling these like this" and she continued to ring me up and bag my breakfast. I smiled and said "Yah I know" Then as I loaded my bags into the cart I turned to her and said "Actually these are for you!" to which she stopped with the most shocked/amazed/confused look on her face and replied "SERIOUSLY?". I said "Yes...you and the two guys over there loading that cooler"(The 3 of them were the only ones working up front) I told her it was early and they were here working and I hoped that helped their morning. The one little guy was so thank-ful and said" This is the BEST part of my day!!"

OK I may be a baby but I was fighting back tears as I walked out of the store! I was instantly in a better mood!!!

So there you have it.....my kindness for the weekend!! Which brings me to a small little lesson I've learned....If I'm in a BAD mood or having a BAD day....the BEST remedy surely has got to be to do something nice for someone and make them feel appreciated!! Seriously.....try it and let me know what you think!! :)

Now I know I promised to talk about a group RAOK.....but I'm going to do that later. Either in a separate post later today or in tomorrows post. Because I promised my family a trip to the water park on this time crunched morning and that promise just HAS to come first!!! :)

Anybody else do anything nice for someone else this weekend?? I'd love to hear about it!!

Until next time,

Tatiana

1 comment:

  1. OMG You're amazing:-) You must have had a special MOM who raised you right!!! Right??? :-) I forgot to tell you that my random act of kindness yesterday was not to charge someone for their haircut:-) (Yesterday was my first day for my own 30 day challenge! ). Have fun at the water park! :-)

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete