Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Don't rain on MY parade...

So if you're reading this and you live in the Virginia Beach/Hampton Roads area than you would probably agree with me when I say TODAY WAS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! The mid 70's weather combined with the low pressure breeze aaaaaahhhh it made for an enjoyable day! We often complain when it is too hot and complain when it is too cold....but today my friends there was nothing to be complaining about!! Not to mention I feel like super woman because of all the stuff I accomplished today. (Thats easy to do when you've made it your mission to wake up in between 5:30-6:30 )

I worked out, ate breakfast, fed Ruby breakfast, went for a bike ride, popped into Michaels for some ribbon I needed, and hit up the grocery store all before.....10:00 a.m!! Initially I wanted to take Ruby back to the water park, but I felt like I would be wasting the day this way! Water park fun is perfect for the hot often unbearable days but today....today we could actually be outside and enjoy it!! We had a picnic in the backyard and took a trip to Mount Trashmore where I learned Ruby would much rather play in the mud than at the park! I'd like to think of her as adventurous :)

I love food!!

How do you get water out of this thing??





















Ok So I know I'm a little late on the Tervis Tumbler thing but I just picked one up and it has got to be one of the coolest inventions!! I'm amazed at how long I can keep ice in my drink!! Seriously ...PERFECT for these hot days!!

It was really nice today to just relax and enjoy some time outside with Ruby. I love watching her do things and am amazed at how smart she is. While soaking up the sunshine today I had one of those moments where everything just stopped and seemed so perfect!! Which brings me to the conclusion that it's those small moments that end up being a really big deal!

On our way home from the park I stopped into Barnes and Noble. Book stores hold a very special place in my heart. I love everything about a book store....the way they smell, the way they look, the quiet atmosphere...EVERYTHING!! 

Barnes and Noble is one of my places.
You know one of those places that you can go to get away from everything.....to make everything better....to gain some sanity or clarity....one of those places that heals your soul! Any book store would do really...Barnes and Noble is just the closest one in my area.
I used to go there a lot!! Particularly when I was feeling blue. I've willingly spent many hours browsing the biography section, the decor section, and yes...THE SELF HELP SECTION.

The self help section is particularly funny in the sense that so many people want to find a book to help them with whatever they are struggling with but yet they don't actually want to be seen in the self-help section. Generally I'd grab a coffee and take a seat somewhere in the aisle with a pile of books I've carefully selected. And people would quickly stop in...notice me...quickly grab a book and leave. It is almost as if my presence added some kind of pressure. I could have made a game out of seeing who could come into the aisle and find the book they needed in the least amount of time. The "cure all" book they located in under 30 seconds!! 

It never seemed to bother me to sit in the aisle with a pile of books almost willingly admitting "I NEED HELP." Which is interesting considering I've spent many years worrying about what people thought about me. This year I officially entered the later side of my twenties and it has caused me to reflect a lot on what I have accomplished in the previous years. Sure I've succeeded in learning some important lessons.....making some great memories....and getting rid of some toxins in my life. But what I realized is I've always restricted myself for fear of what others might think about me...say about me..etc. As I get older....I'm starting to realize WHO CARES? I mean sure...we all want to be liked...no one wants to feel rejected....thats human nature. But I won't be liked by everyone and my beliefs, values, ideas won't always be accepted. ME...MYSELF...I may not always be accepted. But in the end does it REALLY MATTER?? The people who know and love me will accept me....be happy for my accomplishments...help me with my flaws and will not think twice about doing either! 



I'm working on gaining control of my insecurities and not letting them help define me anymore. I'm learning to care less about what everyone else thinks about me and focus on how I feel about myself. Focusing on what my fiance, daughter, family, and close friends see!
I'll tell you what...I'm far happier trying this than I was worrying about the impressions of others.

SO in honor of my love affair with book stores....I left a gift card in a book for someone to find one day when they are looking for a new read!
Inside the cardholder I wrote: please enjoy this random act of kindness and please feel free to pay it forward the next time you get a chance! :)

Until tomorrow,
Tatiana

Oh ...What made me stop into Barnes and Noble in the first place you're wondering???

I've decided to hop on the 50 Shades of Grey bandwagon.
I don't know where I'm going to find the time to dedicate to reading it....but everyone is nonstop talking about it so naturally I am intrigued!
Obviously I was going to have to see what all the fuss was about eventually!! :)



4 comments:

  1. I've loved everything you have done so far!!!! Honestly, neatest ideas ever and so inspirational!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous!! Why can't I be smart like you!! On top of it, I did not do a ROAK today..........well ok, I kinda did....I didn't charge a new client the "new" haircut price because she has 3 kids with a husband on deployment! Does that count??? . Feeling like a slug I am!! I guess I need to take lessons from a certain Ruby's Mom!! :-) Love you!!!!!!

    ps.....which isle should I look in??? :-) hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, just set up an account cause I don't like being anonymous!! Seeing if it worked:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It didn't cause now I have an account but I'm unkown!! ha

    ReplyDelete