Friday, June 22, 2012

Behind the name

First off I just want to comment on the unbelievable amount of support I have received after only one post!!! Thank-you all for such kinds words of encouragement and messages of support. A lot of people even wanted to do their own act of kindness today! I'm thrilled to have inspired people to stop and do something nice for someone else. So with that said, come check me out tomorrow as I have an exciting opportunity for my readers to participate in a RAOK(the super cool acronym I was unaware of till today) and it gives me chills just thinking about how cool it will be!!

Second I'd just like to let everyone reading know that A: I am very bad with technology and this is no understatement. I am really challenged in this department so please bare with me as I make an attempt to learn how to personalize my bloggy home and also follow other bloggers. I promise I will figure it out!! B: I tend to type like I talk which sometimes results in grammatical and punctuation errors. Please forgive me in advance...... there is an english teacher in my family its just not me! :)

So I thought I'd give a short little background on why I chose to title my blog Lipstick and Sippy Cups. For as long as I can remember make-up has always been a passion of mine. I remember at the age of 5 having a basket full of department store cosmetics that were handed down to me from my mother and meme instead of tossing it. You know the colors that you decide you don't like anymore, the old stuff you know you shouldn't use anymore, or just the almost empties that don't benefit you but would make a little girl happy....yes all those! I loved giving my friends make-overs and even myself when I was supposed to be cleaning my room! No big surprise to you then that for the longest time my dream was to take my make-up talents to the big leagues. I was fortunate to get a lot of side work around the area with my mom's clients (she's a stylist don't ya know) and my sister's friends (at the peak of the everyone's getting married years) But before I could get up enough money courage to take myself to a big time city....I met a man and a year later we ended up having a baby.....a beautiful baby indeed. As joyful as this was....for me it meant letting go of the New York City girl dream.

One piece of advice that I will never forget after having Ruby (my daughter) was from my mom. She told me to always take the time to fix yourself up for the day. Because it is a lot easier to fight post partum when you're feeling good!. Becoming a mom does not mean you have to let yourself go or stop feeling good about yourself. Now I'm not talking about a full blown face and stilettos ladies....a sleek pony tail and a pretty gloss will surely do! Just a little something to say Yes world I am a mom....and a foxy one at that! :) No really all that matters is that YOU feel good about YOURSELF!!! For me taking thirty minutes to make myself presentable helps! So lipstick and and sippy cups kind of represents the two sides of me and my balance of the two!! I could go on and on about the symbolism here people but I'm pretty sure you get the idea.

Which brings me to my RAOK(I'm lovin this abbreviation): I had a bunch of errands to do today and decided that I'd like to leave a little reminder to other women that they are beautiful! With or without make-up. (Kind of sticking with the theme of my post) My original idea was to post this in the make-up aisle when I swung into walmart.... but that was my last stop of the day and I was antsy. So I went ahead and posted one everywhere we went!!
Ready to run errands....haha isn't she the cutest lil thing?

So today we posted notes at: 

                                  The Courthouse DMV Ladies Restroom -Not pictured
                             The Ladies Restroom at Bed Bath and Beyond-Not pictured

                                                        The Ladies Restroom in Starbucks

The Cosmetic Aisle in Walmart-Not Pictured

and

The Gas Pump!! :)

Simple?? Silly?? Maybe....but I'd like to think that somebody who came across that little reminder today really did need to be reminded!

Well I think I've typed a whole lot so I won't continue to ramble...but don't forget to pop on by tomorrow to check out the super exciting way for my readers to help me complete a RAOK in honor of (a little hint) 4th of July! Oh the thought just tugs at my heart strings....I cannot control my excitement!

Until then....be kind to one another!

Tatiana



1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous!!!!! I am going to follow in your foot steps with a few other sayings:-) Love Love Love this and You!

    Natalie (AKA, MOM)

    ReplyDelete