Saturday, August 4, 2012

Hey Remember Me?

So its no big surprise I haven't posted an update in a month and several of my friends have noticed. I have been meaning to take the time to sit down and whip up a new post but I just haven't set aside time in the the day to do so. Yes you read that right....days have gotten so I need to set time slots for things that are not apart of our daily routine. Then my friend Lauran nominated me for a blog award over at Real Young Housewife....surely she is trying to drag me out of my blog slump? But secretly I'm honored and can't wait to fill out the questions!

The truth is July just got so busy and before I knew it the month was over. Seriously it feels like with a blink of an eye we went from July to August. My little brother came into town on 4th of July to surprise my mom....which was the driving force behind all my patriotic excitement. My little brother is not so little anymore as he as been putting all of his time and energy into his military career. That was the second time we have seen him in well over a year. He has missed out on so many family milestones: Ruby's birth, Tasha's wedding, Ruby's first birthday party, our upcoming engagement party, etc etc etc and while at times it can make us all sad he is not around, I could not be more proud of him. Not many young men {I use the term "men" very loosely these days, as in my opinion our society is no longer raising men, but rather immature, spoiled, mama's boys.... more on that some other time cause I could really go off on a tangent here haha} But anyway, yes there are not many young men in {our area at least} that would quietly enlist in the military before telling anyone, spend his 21st birthday in bootcamp, and willingly leave his family, friends, and girlfriend for an unknown amount of time. Its hard to believe my bratty little brother isn't so bratty and little anymore! {ok ok maybe a little bratty still? juuuuuuust kidding} Needless to say I'm very proud of him and was very excited about the secret visit!

So I'm sure you are all wondering about the rest of the RAOK in my 30 day challenge. Well Ruby came down with a fever for multiple days during the first week of July, then Kevin was sick the following couple of days, and yup you guessed it....I came down with whatever summer cold sickness was passing through our house. I became a little overwhelmed with the abundance of summer assignments I had to complete {I have 2 papers and 2 tests to knock out this week and I'm finally finished until the fall semester starts in two weeks woooohoooo} We had more family come into town for a week which kept us on the go go go!! Yes.... I know what you're probably thinking..... excuses excuses these are all excuses! And you're right! While they are all true, they are simply just that EXCUSES. The truth is I fell off the wagon and I used every other thing on my plate as an excuse to make myself feel better. As silly as it sounds and I'm maybe even a little ashamed to admit it, but coming up with RAOK and putting forth the effort to complete them daily became very time consuming. My days started to revolve around the RAOK and what I needed or where I needed to go to complete them. I supposed I was a little ambitious to shoot for 30 days..... perhaps I was better off aiming for a week or even 2 but 30...30 days became a chore challenge.

The truth is I'm ok with it! Its part of life you see...... to set goals, challenges, resolutions. Sometimes we succeed but not always. No.... a lot of the time we fail  fall short of our original objective. It's a fact of life and I wouldn't be real or honest with you if I tried to paint it any other way! I promise to still continue with RAOK and document them along the way..... but I'm not going to hold myself to completing one EVERYDAY. If I can continue to be real here... there are days when I don't even have to leave the house! Shoot as a stay at home mom/ student ....there really are days I COULD stay in my pajamas all day, not brush my hair, and hibernate in front of the television. I surely DON'T do that....but I see how it could be very easy as a stay at home mom with few mommy friends to stay behind closed doors. While I have been MIA from the blogging world, I have also spent WAY less time in the internet. Which again.... I'm ok with. I have thrown myself into several other daily activities with Ruby as well as more yard and house projects. July has been a really self satisfying month in so many others ways than performing RAOK. It is so easy to get caught up on the internet with facebook, pinterest, blogging etc etc etc. and I like to put some effort into what I'm typing here {which can also take up a good amount of time from our day}. It has become very important to me that I limit my time here in cyber space.... especially while Ruby is awake and present. I'd rather play and interact with her than surf away on the internet as she occupies herself. It is impossible to truly LIVE if we spend all our time on the internet, on our phones, using apps etc. Technology can interfere with our ability to really experience life..... so remember to get out from behind the t.v/computer/phone screen and live a little!

Alrite.... now I've already taken up more of my morning than I intended to! I promise to complete the award questions on my next post.... and it will not be another month before I get to it!! :)


Tatiana

2 comments: