Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I will..... I do!

Happy Wednesday to all my beautiful little readers! It is a happy one here indeed. For no specific reason except that I have a lot to be thankful for! As I was driving today I had one of those moments. You know those moments where my mind just kind of stopped.... took a little breather.... and said wow I'm pretty lucky!! and indeed I am my friends. 

A few months ago, before summer even started, Kevin and I decided that we were going to have "the talk". You know that talk you think you need to have about when would be the right time to jump into some big life changing decision??? I know for most of you it was or probably will be "the baby talk" but no big surprise we skipped that conversation a while ago. No for us it was "the wedding talk". You see we've been engaged since March 19th (my birthday) of 2011. But with all the hustle and the bustle of buying a new house and having a baby we decided to put marriage off. We wanted to hold on to one special thing that we could say when and where since a lot of our major milestones were happening all at once. So fast forward a year and some change... add a couple glasses of wine {or maybe a bottle... I can't really remember :)} And yes we decided to have "the wedding talk" We had a lot to consider here... or so we thought. When it came right down to it, there really wasn't much to consider at all. So after a few back and fourths and a 48 hour span of wanting a Vegas get-a-way we decided on our original plan that we set back in 2011. Although we didn't discuss it much with anyone else back then, we surely discussed it with each other during those next few weeks that followed the proposal. We decided on the Fall of 2013 to be exact! 

So once we set a date we were uncertain of how to tell everyone. Most couples have engagement parties but we were so far past our engagement period we just weren't sure how to spread the word. Since we like to break the barriers of tradition a bit we decided on a "we set the date" party! We really just wanted to bring all our friends and family together to celebrate our decision!! We wanted something casual and fun! We love getting dressed up for swanky cocktail parties and fancy black-tie affairs ...... we just didn't want this to be one of them!! I spent some time searching about what we could serve that would be unique but easy! So often the hosts of large gatherings end up spending the party working and not enjoying themselves. And since we decided to host the party at the last minute..... I wanted something easy!! Then I came across the most adorable idea here: Hot Dog Bar Not only were there tons of pictures to give me ideas but they also provided all the cute signs and prints for free!! SO AWESOME! So with this creative little cookout idea I went ahead and created my own hot dog bar!

This picture does not really do the whole set up justice! I really am bad at capturing special moments on camera! I vow to start snapping away for my memory's sake! We had a bunch of appetizers, side dishes, and set up an alcohol bar outside too! Plenty of booze can make any party a great time!! Played some corn-hole, took some tequila shots, shared a ton of laughs, and had a really awesome night!!

We also took the evening as an opportunity to ask some special people to be apart of our wedding party!! We had such a blast with this I will have to give this topic its very own post!

A little sneak peak!

So for all of you who weren't there ....
I will say I do: September 14, 2013 <3
And I am so excited to share the ups and downs of this entire year with all of you!







1 comment:

  1. Your getting to be an awesome writer!! :-) Amongst the other awesome things you are, ie, daughter, sister, friend, finance, and mommy to Ruby Girl!! Oh and Dean's List Student!! :-) Love your blog and love you and loved the hot dog bar!! :-)

    ReplyDelete