Tuesday, July 3, 2012

4th of July Inspiration Part 2

Happy 4th of July Eve everyone!! Today has slowly dragged by as I anxiously anticipate tomorrow!! I cannot wait to kick off our little beach bash!! So I spent most of the day doing prep for tomorrow.... which included a lot of running around. Running errands with a baby is no little task but I managed to get through it and I think I got everything we need!!

While I was running around trying to cross things off my personal list I managed to pick up few extra things. For what you ask? Well a little while back I came across a website for a nonprofit Any Soldier.


I fell in love with the concept here!! It is 100% voluntary and YOU are in charge of everything!! What is EVERYTHING you ask? I'll try my best to sum it up! YOU pick a military service member who has signed up to be a volunteer with the organization. There is a list of names provided and several search criteria options. You can pick someone based on their location, their gender, their return date etc. Once you pick a person, their address will be sent to your e-mail. Once you get their address YOU can send a letter .... a care package.... or another form of support. {What a great activity to get your children in on!!!} Once the volunteer soldier receives the letter/package they turn around and deliver it to someone in their unit who does not receive mail, has never had a care package, etc. Basically, someone who is not receiving a lot of support from back home! PRETTY COOL HUH? Today we picked up a bunch of things for a care package. Think trail mixes, pringles, zip lock bags, magazines, beef jerky, gum, playing cards, cross word puzzles, toiletries. {DO NOT MAIL FOOD ITEMS WITH TOILETRIES AS THE FOOD ENDS UP TASTING LIKE THE SOAP, MOUTHWASH ETC THEY SUGGEST DOING EITHER ONE THEME OR THE OTHER.}
Here is a website with a ton of ideasSoldier package ideas



A lot of people are against "The War" or have no clue what we are even doing "over there". A lot of people are angry with the government and we all disagree on how to solve our nation's problems. But none of the hostility we feel towards the politicians in charge should be directed at the men and women who serve our country. It takes a certain kind of individual to enlist in the military, ship off to boot camp, and spend long periods of time away from their family and friends. It takes a certain type of person to willingly sign up for a job where the chances of death are high. These people should be appreciated... celebrated.... and thanked! {providing they aren't acting like a bunch of drunk goons in the bar...I speak from experience here.}

We should all take a moment to think about what Independence really means. How so many people in this world live in horrible conditions...conditions we could not even imagine. We are a fortunate spoiled  nation and I think people often forget how truly lucky they are!! 

{I have fallen in love with this quote}

I will probably skip out tomorrow and update on Thursday! 
But it will be a GOOOD ONE.....I promise! :)

I sure hope you'll take some time to send some love to soldier over seas!

Tatiana


2 comments:

  1. I'm on it this week!! Have magazines if you need them! :-) Love you and your blog:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there i just discovered ur blog & its great!! keep on posting!
    ps if u ever av time pls stop by n av a look at my blog which i recently set up id appreciate any feedback
    av a gd day
    http://naomimalone.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete